Northlodge is a small private Eco campsite & Lodge. It is set in the beautiful Welsh countryside on a smallholding, overlooking the Preseli Hills and ten minutes from a choice of Pembrokeshire beaches.
It is run on a sustainable environmental and ethical basis.
The North Lodge owners are experienced experts in two fields:
Martin has worked in farming for over 20 years, and has had his own organic landscaping and gardening business for 14 years.
Jane has worked in the environmental field for over 25 years and is an energy and sustainability expert.
North Lodge is being developed to create a friendly welcoming site which at the same time is run organically and sustainably. Over the last couple of years we have carried out steps to ensure that we are gradually reducing our carbon footprint and our visitors will enjoy a low carbon holiday.
- Put in insulation in the house
- Replaced an LPG heating system with a wood heating system
- We have recently also installed solar water heating
- Installed a low pressure shower (no pump but still the pressure), and a sunpipe for light in the shower room
So the B&B’s heating and hot water are run from sustainable sources. We source materials and food from local and organic sources supporting our local community.
For the campsite: Any electricity used is on a green energy tariff, we have solar lighting for campers and for the set up tents, we have a mix of long and short grass for the ecology, we provide recycling and composting facilities. We do not allow cars on to the camping field, instead we provide campers with wheelbarrows for their gear, this has been welcomed as it means on the field you can be safe and it is also quieter. We have several ways of water saving. We also have our own growing plot and polytunnel. We do have other plans so watch this space, or ask us when you visit. We provide an information point for campers so you too can enjoy local food and attractions...
As a part of the development we have joined Sustainable Travel International and carried out a process known as STEP which measures your sustainability and helps you to plan out your facilities. We feel that working together is the best way towards sustainability, we are members of Pembrokeshire Tourism Association, The Teifi Valley group and the local Permaculture group.
‘GREENSHOOTS-GARDENING/SMALLHOLDING COURSES AVAILABLE-ARTISTS BREAKS ETC’ PLEASE ASK FOR DETAILS’
Capable Volunteers/Woofers welcome to come for long or short working stays, help in the garden, polytunnel, greenhouse, or on the campsite etc...
Fun Dog Agility courses – can be booked one to one with your pet
We also accept group bookings for the entire site for private groups:
- Bike/cycle clubs
- Walking /ramblers
- Family parties
- Alterative lifestyle groups
- Themed parties/events
- Re-enactments - Roman/Medieval/Norse etc
- Car owners clubs/rallists
- Old fashioned camping groups
- Boy scouts/Guides
The campsite and B&B offer the following facilities:
- A private campsite with washing, shower and toilets
- 4.5 acres for individuals, family groups, or pre booked groups
- Tents can be set up and supplied for up to 3 groups
- Eco lodge, self catering private, timber built and heated with a log stove
- Organic B & B. Family or couples - large room with additional sleeping if needed
- Indoor meeting / Games room for 20 to 30 people and smaller rooms for workshops
- Orchard and wildlife meadow
- Dogs welcome - on lead on-site and off lead in exercise field
- Badminton, lawn tennis / Croquet
- Solar maze
- Pre booked Events and workshops
- Permaculture sessions, vegetable and fruit growing
- Energy efficiency and renewable technologies, other craft sessions
- Local attractions
- Separate playing field